Omnitrope provides no-cost comprehensive support services for patients prescribed Omnitrope® (somatropin [rDNA origin] injection). With OmniSource, patients are provided with services that can help them on their growth journey.
- A dedicated Case Manager conducts benefits investigations, benefits verification, and provides prior authorization information.
- A Case Manager also coordinates patient information requested by the insurance company.
Patient Support Specialists
- A dedicated OmniSource Patient Support Specialist will work with the patient’s family by providing personalized services throughout the on-boarding process.
Nurse Trainers and Injection Training
- If “Injection Training by an OmniSource Nurse” is selected on the Statement of Medical Necessity, a Nurse Trainer provided by OmniSource will come to the patient’s home to give instruction on how to properly use the Omnitrope® (somatropin [rDNA origin] injection) Pen.
Dedicated Nurse Hotline
- By calling 877.456.6794 (option 2 at prompt), patients get answers to their non-medical Omnitrope questions from a trained nurse.
- Case Manager will conduct a benefits investigation before submitting a patient’s prior authorization.
- After approval, the patient can start receiving Omnitrope growth hormone.
Prior Authorization Information
- OmniSource provides prior authorization information.
- OmniSource also triages to pharmacy.
Sandoz OmniStart (SOS) Interim Drug Program
- If requested on the SMN by the prescriber and eligible, the patient will receive their medication and injection device within 10 business days of qualifying for SOS so they don’t have to delay their treatment while waiting for insurance approvals.
- If selected on the SMN, a Patient Support Specialist will send the patient an age-specific Omnitrope Starter Kit that contains helpful tools to further educate patients and families. The Starter Kit includes a free injection device and the Caregiver’s Playbook for Growth.
- Additional age-appropriate backpacks are available upon request for under 13 and those over 13.
Omnitrope Co-Pay Savings Program
- In this Co-Pay program, eligible* patients may pay no more than $0 Co-Pay for up to 12 months in out-of-pocket Co-Pay costs for Omnitrope.
*Omnitrope Co-Pay Savings Program Eligibility
The Omnitrope Co-Pay Savings Program provides up to $5,000 in annual Co-Pay support for Omnitrope prescriptions. With the Omnitrope Co-Pay Savings Program, eligible patients may pay $0 for their Co-Pay. Eligible patients who are commercially insured may receive Co-Pay support in the amount of up to $5,000 annually and patients who are uninsured may receive Co-Pay support in the amount of up to $417 monthly, with an annual cap of $5,000. Prescription must be for an approved indication. This program is not health insurance. Patients are not eligible if prescriptions are paid, in whole or in part, by any state or federally funded programs, including but not limited to Medicare (including Part D, even in the coverage gap) or Medicaid, Medigap, VA, DOD, or TriCare, or private indemnity, or HMO insurance plans that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs, or where prohibited by law. Patients can participate for a maximum of 12 months. Eligible patients must have a first use of the program by December 31 of the current year. Omnitrope Co-Pay Savings Program may not be combined with any other rebate, coupon, or offer. Sandoz reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without further notice.
Extended Hours for Patient Convenience
- Patients can get answers to their non-medical questions from M-F, 8am to 8pm ET by calling 877.456.6794.
- Offices can access the online portal at MyOmniSource.com at any time for enrollment and to check patient status in real-time.
Once patients are enrolled, they will receive a call from their Patient Support Specialist who will welcome them to OmniSource and tell them more about all of the support services that are available through the program.